Rules & Regulations
The following is an explanation of rules and regulations (“Rules and Regulations”) governing the submission of a film (hereafter called the “Film”) to Deshdoot Short Film Festival
By agreeing to the Terms And Conditions, the person submitting the Film (hereafter called the “Applicant”) acknowledges that he or she has obtained consent from any and all owners, creators, writers, Producers and/or other authorized representatives of the Film (hereafter called the “Film’s Owners”) whose consent is required to submit the Film to Deshdoot, and has read and understood the submission rules and regulations set forth below
Theme or Subject of Films for The Section : Civic Sense
Maximum Duration of Short Film Will Be 50 Seconds (including credits)
The following conditions must be fulfilled by all entries:
- The film should have been produced in India in any format; can be submitted through any file sharing platform to firstname.lastname@example.org after filling up the online registration form along with online entry fee transfer
- Short Films must be made in Any language with English subtitles and should be in HD format
- Entry fees for the submission of film is:
- Rs. 1000/ entry + GST 18 %
- The Festival is not obliged to view late entries.
- A maximum of three entries would be allowed from one applicant.
- Every film should have Competition screen slide at the start of the short film which you can download from www.deshdoottimes.com
- Although participants enjoy freedom of expression in creating their works, their productions must not contain:
- Hateful, racist, sexist, offensive or defamatory statements.
- Cause harm to anyone
- Constitute an invasion of privacy.
- Should not be verbally suggestive or otherwise offensive to any particular Cast, race, gender, religion or Category / Sector.
- Disqualification: The following films shall not be eligible
- A telefilm entered in its telecast format with breaks, advertisements, logos etc.
- Dubbed versions are not eligible for entry.
- Deshdoot reserves the right to refuse the registration of any work/film/person or institution for violating any of the above.
- Participants must be the authors of the works; any plagiarism will result in automatic disqualification.
- If the film exceeds the limit of 50 seconds
- In case any of the requirements mentioned in this part of the Regulations are not completed by the applicant, the entry is liable to be rejected summarily.
- Publication authorization: By submitting a film, all Participants give Deshdoot the a uthorization to publish in deshdoot and other catalogues and publications, as well as on the official website
- I.Promotion: For promotion of the entire selection and of each selected short film, the Deshdoot website is allowed to use any photo or digital film clip
- General scheduling and the timetabling of both public screenings, press & industry screenings are entirely at the discretion of the Deshdoot Management.
Television Broadcasting and The Internet:
- Deshdoot can also screen the film on the partner TV Channel subject to clearance by the Producer.
- Promotion of The Short Films: Programs composed of films from the official selection (especially prizewinning ones) may be circulated after the Festival for its promotion in India and abroad.
- Acquisition of Film Copy: Deshdoot may request the producer for the right to acquire a print of any film selected, and especially prize-winning films, for its Film Archive. Deshdoot undertakes to use these films exclusively for its own strictly cultural, non-commercial purposes.
- Deshdoot can screen (at no cost to both organization), entire competition section/s of Short Films on reciprocal basis at other National or International film festivals as defined below.